Friday, November 21, 2014

Am I A Communist?

          I recently published a book on both Kindle and Nook with a paper back version on Amazon.  It is called Constant Vigilance.  I recently got a review that said.  "I think this guys a communist.  Don't trust him".  I never thought of myself as a communist and certainly do not believe that I am.  There is a part in my book where I talk about a consumerism economy and how I feel it traps people in constant debt.  This is all that I wrote that I think could remotely be considered communist.  What do you think?

         I attended high school in the late sixties and early seventies. I viewed high school as primarily an orientation to authority.  This is where one became the dutiful little worker bee.  The all consuming taxpaying unit they wanted.  A person was to spend the majority of his waking life working to put food on the table, a roof over his head and clothes on his back.  The system was designed to get people working and paying; rent or mortgage every month; electricity bills; water bills; insurance; and let’s not forget taxes; lots and lots of taxes.  

       School trained you to get up every morning and go to the place where you were instructed on how to behave and what to believe.  High school was from seven in the morning until three in the afternoon.  You were given work assignments to complete at home and return with the next day.  It didn't matter what you were interested in.  This is what you had to learn.  School was full of propaganda.  Most of the “stuff” you learned was the victor’s account of the battle.  We had a manifest destiny and were ordained to occupy the entire continent.  Yes, there were people already here, but they were not really people, they were savages.  Their way of life had no value. It's hard to be a dutiful taxpaying consumer if you live off the land.

No comments: