Friday, November 3, 2023

I Am a Member of Team 4104

 


I own a 1960 GMC PD-4104.  It is a retired Greyhound bus that was converted into a motorhome in the 1970’s.  I purchased the bus fifteen years ago and I have travel with the bus all across the US.  It is my understanding that there are less than 1000 of these buses still on the road.

Being a fan, naturally I want to express my love of this vehicle with branded clothing and merchandise.  I want a t-shirt.  The protentional market for merchandise for this bus is limited by the number of survivors.  I decided to make my own. 


I created a t-shirt and a few other items.  I put these items up on eBay and Etsy for any other 4104 enthusiast to purchase if they so desired.  The problem is how to let others know that there is a product that is available on the internet that they may want.  I could advertise.  The problem is that the potential market is so small and most of the advertising reached people who have no interest in this vehicle.

I am a member of a Facebook group that is focused on the PD-4104.  There are seven thousand members of this group.  The problem is that people will overwhelm a group with for sale items if you don’t have any rules about posting things for sale.  I would do paid ads for the group but as of the writing of this post, this in not possible. 


It would be nice if I could develop a niche market for my items.  I need to rehab my bus and generating a little income could help in that effort.  There is little protentional for making money with such a limited market.   But every little bit helps. 

The Items are in my Etsy store.  The link is as follows:  

                https://whpublishing.etsy.com


No comments: