Saturday, January 18, 2020

PKO Sterling Cross Flea Market Find.


     I like to go to flea markets and garage sales and look for treasure to sell on Ebay.  I am not much of a fan of jewelry.  I saw this cross and believed it to be sterling.  I thought it might be Russian or Greek Orthodox but was not sure.  And it could be old or not, again hard to tell. I paid fifteen dollars and thought that it was a gamble as to whether I could make any money with it. 

    The fun in treasuring hunting is discovering the history of the things you find.  I have search the internet and have not found a similar item.  I have not come across any thing close.  The cross has six faces.  Probably Saints or Popes and four diamond like stones.  They are not diamonds. 

     When I found the cross, I could not see any makers marks on it.  I After I got in home I discovered on the reverse in very small print  "PKO".  Not much on the internet on "PKO" that I can find.  Finding this mark probable means that it is not old.  It is Sterling and the weight is enough to cover the cost I paid. 

    Unfortunately there is no home run here, just a base on balls.  I like the look of it and may just hang it on the wall. 

No comments: