Friday, October 4, 2019

Fixing The Old Bus or What Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong

I am the owner of a 1960 GMC PD1404.   Its an old Greyhound bus that has been converted to a motor home.  I am trying to get it to move after having sat for fifteen months.  The last time I moved it, I burned up the clutch.  I was in a campground that flooded and while trying to escape the rising water, I got stuck in the mud.  Totally fried the clutch.  I knew that I would have to repair the clutch before I went anywhere.  It took a a lot of work but, I was able to pull the transmission and take the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel and have them fixed.

After I reinstalled the clutch, the bus would not start.  I pulled the starter and had it gone through and now that's good as new.  Still won't start.  Checked the batteries, recharged them and they read the appropriate voltage at the starter.  Still won't start.

I am a little at a loss as to what to do next.

No comments: