Thursday, January 3, 2019

Wintering In Western North Carolina.

I decided to spend another winter in Western North Carolina.  It really doesn't get too cold here and I like the mountains.  The other day I went over to the Smoky Mountain National Park.  On the way I ran into a herd of Elk.  There were at least eighty or ninety spread around a meadow on the side of the road.  I tried to tell them that just down the road they could find all the grass they wanted rolled up, ready to eat.  They wouldn't listen.  The road along side the meadow was packed with cars, all stopped trying to get a picture of the animals as they ate.  This reminded me of my summer workamping in Yellowstone National Park.  There were a lot of what I called Bear Jams.  Traffic came to a stand still anytime there was an animal on the side of the road.  I even wrote a book about Yellowstone.  Its a story about two people who go to Yellowstone to Workamp, meet and explore the park together.  Its on Amazon.

No comments: