Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Cabin In the Woods

I had Lincoln Logs when I was a kid.  I loved the idea of building a log cabin.  Daniel Boone was a TV show that was popular at the time and I watched it every week.  I  have been exploring western North Carolina and came upon this log cabin.  It is small and looks very old.  

 The fire place is huge when compared to the size of the cabin.  I did not measure it, but it can't be more than 20 feet by 20 feet.  That's about 400 sq feet of living space.
 The cabin is being maintained by someone. The chinking is in good shape and then there are the pink flamingos out front.  The cabin is set in a small clearing with a creek 20 yards from the front door.  The rest of the structures in the area are new.   
 If you look at the foundation you can see vents.  These vents make me ask if this cabin is new and made to look old or maybe it was moved here and a new, old looking foundation was created.  There was no one around to ask.