Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NaNoWriMo What Was I Thinking

     So I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year.  For all of you who do not know, that stands for National Novel Writing Month.  Which is November.  The idea is that you join a whole bunch of other wordsmiths and try and write a fifty thousand word novel in the month of November.  I normally try and write fifteen hundred words a day  and that actually will put me a little short.  I need about one thousand six hundred and seventy to make the mark.  
     I did absolutely no planning for this event and it is day two and I don't have the kernel of an idea about what to write.  Not a good start.  Maybe I'll cheat and use something that I have already been working on.  No.  I will come up with an idea, or not.  Why do I set such rigid goals for myself any way.
    I am currently parked in this little town called Bryson City.  It's not really a City, that's just the name.  It's not really even a town.  Very small, with its main claim to fame the Rocky Mountain Railroad.  It is a railroad that doesn't go anywhere.  You get on the train and ride down the rails a way and then come back.  It is a ride through a river valley in the mountains so it is visually interesting.  In December they do a Polar Express thing that brings in a lot of people.  There is also the Road to Nowhere. (please see previous post).  So I guess that goes right along with the Railroad to Nowhere.  
      Anyway back to NaNoWriMo.  Who thinks up these things anyway.  Why do I need some external time clock ticking away in the background as I try to make my words make sense.
      Okay that's about three hundred words, thirteen hundred to go.