Monday, June 6, 2016

Living Where Green Is A Naturally Occurring Color

I was born in North Carolina.  I spent the first 13 years of my life in the State and then moved to the West Coast.  The majority of the West is arid and where I lived was no exception.  Various shades of brown are interrupted by occasional spots of green.  In order to support the population, the government created huge water projects, importing water from as much as five hundred miles away.  If the green was not watered regularly it would revert to the natural color of the area, brown.  I spent thirty years in that environment and during my entire stay, I would say that one day I want to live in a place where green was a naturally occurring color.  

I have returned to North Carolina and I am currently visiting the western part of the State.  Green is definitely a naturally occurring color here.  I like to get up in the morning and go somewhere to get a some breakfast and write a little or surf the web.  I have found a place near where I am staying.  Where I like to sit has a view of a river and lots of green.  Plus you can get a good breakfast for under five dollars.  Can it get any better than that?