Thursday, January 21, 2016

I Sold My Guitar the Other Day

     I sold my guitar the other day.  I have owned her for more than thirty years.  We have been through a lot together.   On an intellectual level, I know that she was just an inanimate object.  She was more like an old friend than a musical instrument.  She kept me company through good times and bad.  Playing songs of joy and song of sadness according to the events in my life.   Her voice was rich, warm and soothing.   The curves of her body fit comfortably with mine. 

     There was a time when I played her every day.  As time went by, I put her down and did not play for months at a time.  But she was there.  If I needed her, she was just a few steps away. She has a new home now where someone will enjoy her and play her regularly.   She will be missed.



1 comment:

1willwander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.