Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tapping into the imagination that creates my dreams

     I don't know about you, but I have the most outlandish dreams.  In my waking hours, my imagination is never as inventive as in my dreams.  Not all of my dreams are welcome.  Bad dreams do occur and fortunately they are not that frequent.  Mostly my dreams are strange and unusual.  In my waking hours, I never think like that.  Since these are my dreams, I know that I created them and therefor I am capable of thinking them up.
     I try and write them down, but for some reason I often forget them before I can collect myself in the morning.  If I do not get right up and sit down and record the dream I will forget it.  I have always written.  Recently I published a book and put it up online for sale.  It is nowhere near as creative or strange as the dreams that populate my sleep.  
   I wonder if there is a way to create a link between my sleep imagination and my waking hours.  If I could tap into this creative reservoir, I could come up with some very interesting stories.  There was a time when I could think about something and tell myself what to dream about.  Everyone says that dreams are a window into your subconscious mind.  The question then becomes, do I really want to open a direct link to my subconscious mind.  I'm going to have to think about that for a while.  Maybe I will even dream about it.  

No comments: