Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Recovering From Near Disaster and Other Fall Out From Yellowstone

          If you have been reading this blog, then you know I spent the summer workamping in Yellowstone National Park.  I left the park on September 23, and headed south.  The first thing that happened was I busted my bus.  I wrote a blog post about it and called it: 

My Last day In Yellowstone and I Busted the Bus


          This was quickly followed by another mishap when I blew I front tire on my tow vehicle.  I ended up pulling the vehicle with the blown tire and even managed to bust up the internal workings of my front end.  I wrote a blog post about that also:

Tire Trauma On Interstate 15


          Today I was able to at least get my vehicle back on four tires the same size.  I still have not fixed the internal workings of the front end, but at least I am on all four wheels.

       I have a lot of work to do to recover from my experience in Yellowstone.  I look at the balance sheet and try to decide whether the experience was worth the strain.  It was all an adventure and I got to see an amazing place and spent a lot of time exploring the remote parts of the park.

       I was able to finish and publish my book during my stay there.  The book is called Constant Vigilance and is available as an ebook on Amazon for $2.99.  
wil
       Parts of the social experience left a very bad taste in my mouth.  There were some wonderful couples working with me at the RV park.  I believe that I have developed friendships with some of these couples that will endure.  On another level, I was very disappointed by deception and breach of trust on the part of others. I guess all this is to be expected when you work closely with others in an constrained environment. 

        I can't speak to the dark parts of the experience at this moment.  I need more time to process my thoughts and time and distance will help with that.  I would like to take this time to thank all of you that have read this blog and followed the story.  I still have a number of videos to edit and post on the web.  I don't have the ambition to do this in the near future.  Again, time and distance should help with that.

       In the mean time, the adventure continues.  As I recover from Yellowstone, I am researching my next trip and hoping for a happier ending next time. 

No comments: