Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Last day In Yellowstone and I Busted the Bus

          Today was the day.  The season is over and I had to get out of the RV park.  I wanted to make it to Salt Lake City to spend the night in the Walmart.  The universe had other plans for me.  I only made it a little over 200 miles and I lost the front passenger side tire.  I was on interstate 15 doing about 60 when I heard a tapping sound from the right front wheel area. The noise got louder so I put on the brakes and pulled off the road.    I called Coach-net they called around Pocatello and determined that the price of a new time was in the area of $500.  After more phone calls back and forth I determined that a new tire was out of my budget.  I inquired further and if the road service guys just put on a spare there would be no cost to me.  I looked and yes indeed I had a spare.  It is old and sightly used but it holds air.  The tire guy told me not to try and make it to Vegas on the spare.  But I don't see that I have much of an option.  


          I need two new steer tires.  The cheapest tires that I can get are going to cost me about $700.  So I am going to have to sell a lot of books to raise the funds.  That's my new book I'm talking about.  You probably will not like it, but I need the money so buy it anyway.  The name of the Book is Constant Vigilance.  It's only $2.99 so I need to sell a lot of books. You can find it on Amazon.  Thanks for your support.

1 comment:

The Benson Report said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear about the tire problem. I tried the link with my cell phone but got a 404 error.