Friday, July 11, 2014

Hellroaring Trail and Suspension Bridge, Yellowstone National Park

I'm working in Yellowstone at the Fishing Bridge RV Park and on my off time I try to get in a hike of two.  The camp ground itself is at 7800 feet and it took me a little time to get used to the thin air.  I had seen the Hellroaring Creek hike in a Yellowstone hiking book and was interested in seeing the suspension bridge that crosses the Yellowstone river.  The only problem was that there was a 600 foot drop in elevation at the head of the trail.  I had done 600 foot elevation changes before but this was at the beginning of the trail which means that I would have to make the climb at the end of my walk. 
     The trail follows the Yellowstone River trail to the suspension bridge.  The trail then continues to the Buffalo Plateau.  Soon there after you find yourself at Hellroaring Creek.  The return trip was flat except again for the last mile.  I thought I was going to die.  I made it and also make another video.  Here's the link:

The video covers the Yellowstone River trail, the Buffalo Plateau and Hellroaring Creek.

Related Pages

Natural Bridge

No comments: