Friday, June 13, 2014

Workamping perks at Yellowstone National Park

One of the many perks to workamping in Yellowstone is the  free stuff we get to do.  There are tours and adventure companies everywhere.  The other day we went to Gardner Montana for a rafting tour.  Free.
Gardiner was the place that allowed the general public its first access to Yellowstone Park in the late 1800's.  It is where the Roosevelt arch is located.  It is a sleepy little place that comes to life in the tourist season.

 The place we went to was called Flying Pig Adventures and this company does camping, rafting, and horseback tours of the Yellowstone area.  I went with a group of other workampers and it was all free.

The rafting site is next to the Yellowstone river that flows through Gardiner.  I was a little wary about going because I'm not good when I'm cold.  The company fixes you up with a wet suit and shoes and frankly my hands were the only things that got a little cold.  We took the one hour tour.  It was a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone.

As a workamper I have also had the opportunity to take the Circle of Fire Tour in Yellowstone.  This is an $85 tour around the park that last all day.  This too was free.  There are any number of other tours that are available to visitors in the park that are available to workampers at no charge.

These perks increase the value of the compensation paid to workampers.  After all one of the main reasons that I am in Yellowstone in the experience the park.

No comments: