Monday, May 5, 2014

My First Day In Yellowstone


            I stayed just outside of Yellowstone in the town of Ashton the
day before I was due to arrive in Yellowstone.  It was about 125 mile to the campground.  I entered the park from the western entrance and within just a few miles I encounter my first bison.  Before I got here I called them Buffalo.  Ever since entering the park I have constantly been corrected.  Apparently it is Bison.  Anyway, as I was driving into the park I came across a couple of bison walking down the road, in my lane.  Just what is the protocol for passing a bison.   I slowly took the other lane and creped passed them.  That was just the first sighting.  There was wild life everywhere.  Unfortunately it’s not the easiest thing in the world to drive a large bus and take pictures.  So you’re just going to have to believe me about the deer and elk.

 

           I made it to the camp ground and was surprised by the situation.  I knew the number of my site and drove to where it was located.  There was a spot cleared but it was carved out of four feet of snow.  There were a couple of other RV’s in the park and one of the guys helped me sandwich the bus in the spot.  They say that it is going to melt fast.  We’ll see.  I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: